By myself.
Now I'm sure you're thinking, big deal. But it actually is for me. The pictures shown, aren't the reason I'm going to the doctor, but the fact that I'm going by myself is the reason. These pictures are from a really big surgery I had when I was just 9 years old. I'll give you an explanation. The surgery was only supposed to be 30 mins to an hour. I have a cyst that has to be removed every couple years or so, or it'll grow to big and eventually it could kill me. So the surgery ended up being 4 hours long. The cyst had grown over the main nerve that controlled the right side of my face, and it was stuck to my "spit gland." lol they had to pick it off, and eventually found a blood clot, starting at the end of my ear, and all the way to the tip of my right shoulder (reason for the drain tube). Anyway, I lost control of the right side of my face, and worked with a doctor on face exercise to get my nerves working again. They told me, "your nerves aren't happy with the doctor right now." Lol, I member thinking that was real. Anyway, I was in the hospital for about 4 days, and I cried every chance my mom had to leave the room. I remember my extended family and my father being there, and my mom went home to shower and do laundry and take a nap. I bawled. Literally. I cannot do this without my family. My dad has always been there when I wake up from surgery, and my mother always stayed with me every chance she had. I always have crushed ice, etc. There's so much that goes together with this. My parents and I are like a team for surgery :)
Now that you've seen these beautiful pictures, hahaha I guess what I'm trying to say is, I've never been to the doctors by myself, and to finally be at that age where it is just something I've got to do on my own is a little weird for me. I'm too old to go to Primary Children's, which is terribly sad, but I'm still able to see the same doctor, I just have to go to the U. I know I can do this, but I hope my parents realize how grateful I am that they were there by my side through it all. They sacrificed so much for me, and still do. This isn't easy, having a child with medical needs, let alone, one that is consistent. I'm just extremely grateful, and I love my parents with all my heart.
Wish me luck, all by myself ;)


1 comment:
Oh man, that is tough! Good luck, I can't say I know what your going through, but I know the feeling of growing up and doing things with out your parents, but now that I am a parent, I really see how much they do for me. I am rooting for ya girly!
Post a Comment